Cross Country Mountain Biking
Now Open for the 2020 summer/fall season!
It doesn’t get more fun and invigorating than mountain biking at Mt. Van Hoevenberg! We have more than 30 km of trails that climb, dip and twist through pristine stands of Adirondack hardwoods and sky-scraping pines. If you’re a veteran trail rider, you’ll find plenty to challenge you: all the jumps, steeps and hairpin turns you could ever want and terrain that varies from open meadows to single-track in secluded forests.
If you’re new to the sport, this is the perfect place to get started. Our trail system has plenty of mileage to offer riders of all levels. Our staff will show you everything from how to get the most out of your bike to how to conquer hills safely. You’ll build confidence, learn new skills, surprise yourself by what you’re capable of doing on two wheels. Visitors may bring their own bikes or rent right from us.
Book your trail passes and rentals in advance of your visit online, or head right to the Biathlon Lodge to purchase in person.
View the MVH Cross Country Mountain Biking Trail map as well as a supplemental guide provided through Trail Forks.
Open Daily | 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
Please find the full 2020 summer/fall season schedule below for Cross Country Mountain Biking at Mt. Van Hoevenberg:
- July 4 – September 7: Open daily from 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
- September 12 – October 12: Open Saturday – Sunday from 9:00 am – 4:00 pm (open Columbus Day, Monday, October 12)
Please note: Activity availability is subject to change and may be weather dependent.
We recommend purchasing Trail Passes and Mountain Bike Rentals* in advance of your visit online. All reservations are date specific, and we do have limited availability of mountain bike rentals. At this time, all lessons and guided rides are currently unavailable.
|Trail Pass & Rental Rates|
|1-Day Trail Pass||Teen/Adult (Ages 13-64)||$10|
|Junior / Senior (Ages 7-12 / 65+)||$7|
|Child (Ages 6 & Under)||FREE|
|1-Day Mountain Bike Rental||Teen/Adult (Ages 13-64)||$38|
|Junior / Senior (Ages 12 & Under / 65+)||$25|
*Guests may bring their own bikes, reserve their Mountain Bike Rentals online, or purchase bike rentals in person at the Biathlon Lodge. All bike rentals include helmets, and guests can choose from one of the following bike frame sizes: XXS, XS, S, M, L, or XL. Please note that we do not have bike rentals available for children ages 6 & under.
Before You Arrive
All riders must complete an Assumption of Risk Agreement in advance of hitting the trails. If you plan to purchase Trail Passes and Rentals (optional) online, you will sign this form as part of the checkout path. You may also complete the Assumption of Risk Agreement in person at the Biathlon Lodge if purchasing in person.
Closed-toe shoes are required—no sandals or flip flops.
Health & Safety Information
We are in this together.
Our team is:
- Placing hand sanitizer stations throughout our venue.
- Wearing face coverings (masks).
- Implementing enhanced cleaning procedures.
- Following guidelines recommended by New York State and CDC.
- Reducing capacity where necessary to maintain social distancing.
When visiting our resorts please help us by:
- Washing your hands often or using hand sanitizer
- Practice social distancing and wear a face covering (mask) when not able to maintain 6 feet of distance
- Face coverings (masks) will be required when riding the gondolas and in other areas at our venues
- Sneeze into your elbow or use a tissue
- Avoid touching your face
- Stay home if showing any symptoms
Masks are required at all venues.
Thank you for your cooperation to help reduce the spread and protect our employees, guests, and community.