The Lake Placid Olympic Sites are starting to open!
Updated September 28th
We will be posting, on this page, with regular updates on our operations and our schedules for all activities and attractions.
Snapshot of Open Activities
- Whiteface Veterans’ Memorial Highway
- Cloudsplitter Gondola at Whiteface Mountain
- Disc Golf at Whiteface Mountain
- Hiking at Whiteface Mountain
- Cross Country Mountain Biking at Mt. Van Hoevenberg
- Hiking at Mt. Van Hoevenberg
- Skyride Gondola at the Olympic Jumping Complex
- Sky Flyer Zipline at the Olympic Jumping Complex
- Lake Placid Olympic Museum in the Olympic Center
- Olympic Center Store in the Olympic Center
Details on Open Activities & Venues
- The Whiteface Veterans’ Memorial Highway is now OPEN DAILY to the public from 8:45 am – 5:30 pm with limited operations. Please visit the Whiteface Veterans’ Memorial Highway page for all current information & restrictions.
- The Cloudsplitter Gondola, Disc Golf & Hiking at Whiteface Mountain will be available starting August 1st. Please visit their pages for all current information & restrictions.
- Cross Country Mountain Biking and Hiking at Mt. Van Hoevenberg are now AVAILABLE DAILY to the public from 9:00 am – 4:00 pm. Please visit the Cross Country Mountain Biking & Hiking pages for all current information & instructions.
- The Skyride Gondola & Sky Flyer Zipline at the Olympic Jumping Complex are now OPEN & AVAILABLE to the public. Please view the Skyride & Sky Flyer pages for all current information and instructions.
- The Lake Placid Olympic Museum and Olympic Center Store are now OPEN & AVAILABLE to the public. Please view the Lake Placid Olympic Museum page for all current information and instructions.
- Although we are not currently offering many recreational activities, we look forward to sharing information about our schedule as it becomes available.
- Our Guest Services office is handling all inquiries via email at email@example.com. If you have any questions about past ticket reservations, please call the box office at (518) 523-3330.
As a community, we are all responsible for our health and well-being. Thank you for continuing to follow the guidelines and protocols being put forth by our public officials.
Lake Placid Olympic Sites is a family, and we look forward to welcoming you back to the activities we all love soon!
Health & Safety Information
We are in this together.
Our team is:
- Placing hand sanitizer stations throughout our venue.
- Wearing face coverings (masks).
- Implementing enhanced cleaning procedures.
- Following guidelines recommended by New York State and CDC.
- Reducing capacity where necessary to maintain social distancing.
When visiting our resorts please help us by:
- Washing your hands often or using hand sanitizer.
- Practice social distancing and wear a face covering (mask) when not able to maintain 6 feet of distance;
- Face coverings (masks) will be required when riding the gondolas and in other areas at our venues.
- Sneeze into your elbow or use a tissue
- Avoid touching your face
- Stay home if showing any symptoms
Masks are required at all venues.
Thank you for your cooperation to help reduce the spread, and protect our employees, guest, and community.
Outreach & Community Info
Outreach & Community Info
ORDA is working with local businesses to feature takeout & delivery options during this time. Check out our link below to view when restaurants around the Lake Placid region are open for takeout & delivery.More Information