2020 BMW IBSF Bob and Skeleton World Championships | Olympic Sports Complex
February 1 – February 14, 2020
The fastest bobsleigh and skeleton athletes on ice slide into the Olympic Sports Complex when Lake Placid once again hosts the World for the 2021 BMW IBSF World
Championships. This is the most prestigious bobsleigh and skeleton event in a non-Olympic year, and Lake Placid has hosted in 1949, 1961, 1969, 1973, 1978, 1983, 1995, 2003, 2009, 2012 and now 2021.
Join us as we host the World in February 2021!
The two-week event schedule is currently being finalized. Training days will be early in the week and competitions days will be later in the week and weekends.
Ticket pricing is currently being finalized. Please check back here on May 1, 2020 for our on-sale date.
The Olympic Sports Complex is going through a $60 Million Venue Revitalization that will be completed by 2021. Here are some of the new attractions you will be able to enjoy during your visit for the 2021 BMW IBSF World Championships:
- The North Meadow Lodge – A 30,000 square foot public space
- A Bobsled and Skeleton Start Facility in North Meadow Lodge
- A Welcome and Awards Plaza
- The Cliffside Coaster – The longest mountain coaster in North America, allowing visitors to relive the Olympics along the bobsled track used in the 1980 Games
- Start 1 Deck Expansion and Covering
- Improved Start 1 Parking
- Walkway and Viewing improvements
- Sliding Museum in the Sled Shed