Athlete Ambassador Program
We invest in people and places around the world that use the power of will to make their team better.
Leveraging the power of the ORDA brand, we form critical links between the public, private, and non-profit sectors to elevate opportunity for communities around the world.
Our investments in education, activity, and mentorship power the growth and development of people and improve equality of opportunity.
Our Athlete Ambassador Program is a two-way street. It’s about supporting a brand you love by using your influence to engage, educate and promote to those around you. They will ultimately buy our products as a result, and hopefully end up sharing your love for our products.
Interested in being one of our Athlete Ambassadors? Click the button below to begin & complete your application before our November 25th deadline.Begin Application
Program Specs & Criteria
- New athletes must submit an application online prior to Nov 25th, 2020 for the 2020-2021 Season.
- Application Deadline for 2021-2022 Season is July 1, 2021. The announcement will take place on or by August 22nd, 2020.
- Committee will make deliberations based on criteria established above and/or delineated in the application.
- Athletes will submit documentation to establish their hometown connection to the New York State and the Adirondack Region.
- Included in the application will be the following:
- Contact Information
- Essay (200-500 words preferred, in your own voice) on how you will represent ORDA’s brand, personal/professional goals, desire to collaborate with ORDA, estimation of your ability to be a social influencer.
- The athlete will supply proof of residency in the Lake Placid Region.
- Athlete’s connection to Lake Placid and its Olympic Sites.
- Competing Sponsor disclosure
- Identify Social Media Data, presence, other sites or media assets associated.
- Reserve the right to interview, either via internet or in person
- Specifics of the Athlete/ORDA Sponsorship:
- Athlete Sponsor Agreement is an annual agreement.
- Athlete will meet with the ORDA VP following the competition season for a review of performance and continuing sponsor opportunities.
- Sponsorship dollar amount will be set by NYS ORDA, with industry standards as a guideline.
- Agreement with the athlete may be ended at any time based on conduct or behavioral issues that prove detrimental to the relationship.
- Athlete must be able to display the Lake Placid or ORDA venue or Lake Placid Region logo on head gear, sport equipment and/or uniforms spaces available for sponsor recognition.
- Athlete must be knowledgeable of Lake Placid Olympic history and ORDA venue information and activity.
- Athlete must be able and available to participate in ORDA Corporate events, which may include: Speeches, presentations, venue tours, interactive activities with guests, panel discussions and visits with elected officials.
- Athlete will either have grown up in sport programs in the Lake Placid Region or moved to Lake Placid to establish a residency for pursuing training and competition interests through the highest levels.
- Athletes will be expected to display ORDA logos at press conferences, interviews and social events as is allowed by the rules of the sport.
- Athlete will be expected to mention sponsor relation and association to the region in interviews and discussions, especially with the media.
- A resort level sponsorship may be offered to an athlete who commits to another sponsorship, which at a higher dollar does not compete with the ORDA brand.
Athlete should be expected to do a certain number of social posts.
- There will be consideration for athletes’ ability to reach an audience via social media.
- Athletes who have shown Olympic or Paralympic promise through outstanding results at least at a National Junior Level.
- Athletes and Para-Athletes who have distinguished themselves with outstanding results at a National and International Level. World Cup Results, a plus.
- World / Olympic level
- Olympians/ Paralympians and Athletes/Para-Athletes who have achieved Podium Success on the World Stage.