At the Lake Placid Olympic Sites, there are many activities to partake in, gorgeous, breath taking sites to see, and historical significance.
Tips for a Great Trip
- Plan your park activities with time and distance in mind.
- Make reservations for activities such as the BobsledLake Placid Bobsled Experience & Skeleton Experience in advance to save time and secure your spot.
- Reserve lodging accommodations in advance, busy times of the year can fill up lodging fast.
- Look into when the busy times are so you can avoid the lines and enjoy the best experience possible.
- Prepare for the season; bring layers when it’s cold, extra water when it’s warm, and always wear proper footwear to stay safe & sound.
Things to Do
What is there to see and do at the Lake Placid Olympic Sites?
Explore our Things to Do page to find the perfect activities for your visit!
Olympic Sites Passport
Q: Can the Olympic Sites Passport be used more than one day?
A: Most definitely! The Olympic Sites Passport can be used on multiple days, as long as it is before the expiration date.
Olympic Center Store
Q: Is there any way to make purchases from the Olympic Center Store/shop online?
A: We do not have an online store for the Olympic Center Store, but we do take orders over the phone in the case that you know what you’d like. The direct number for the store is (518) 302-5358.
Hours & Seasons
Check out the operating hours and seasons within the Lake Placid Olympic Sites to make sure you’re showing up for your activity/event at the correct time and place. The Olympic Sites have a little bit of everything – high mountain peaks, a winding bobsled run, an Olympic museum, and so much more, and we know you want to make the most of it.
There are many lodges through the LPOS region to choose from including hotels, motels, AirBnbs, camping, tent & RV camping options.
Only service dogs are allowed at the Olympic Venues at this time.